Tatton Estate and Bellway Homes are delighted to announce their detailed proposals for Tatton Park Gate Village: a new, vibrant community on the edge of Knutsford on a site already allocated and permitted for housing. The proposals include:
An improved mix of homes to help solve a national and local housing crisis including:
- A range of 234 family homes each with private gardens, most of which are smaller 2-3 bedrooms suitable for first time buyers, down-sizing and new families.
- homes suitable for the elderly, including 4 bungalows and 50 adaptable homes;
- 70 affordable homes that will remain affordable in perpetuity.
A locally inspired ‘Tatton’ and Cheshire design that respects the site’s history and its setting near Tatton Park and the urban area of Knutsford including:
- A ‘Tatton village core’ within the centre of the site featuring ‘Tatton red’ homes and a small square with green space and a new stag! (public art)
- A ‘Parkland Edge’ with a softer palette of materials and colours and an abundance of open space and tree planting,
- Cheshire black and white boarding on some of the properties proposed facing the town and neighbouring industry.
Energy efficient and sustainable homes including:
- electronic vehicle charging points,
- water butts, and
- insulated homes including passive ventilation for every home, plus
- solar panels on the majority of the affordable homes to provide cheaper bills to those most in need.
Access to the open countryside and large areas of open space, including:
- Children play areas, pocket parks, and a very large recreational area with a playing pitch, community orchard and equipped trim trail; and
- New, surfaced public right of way and cycle links and loops through the entirety of the site providing connections to the Knutsford, Mobberley and the wider countryside.
Biodiversity enhancements including
- two new ecology areas and six new ponds, with planting to deliver significant bio-diversity net gain;
- bird and bat boxes;
- An abundance of newly planted trees including fruit bearing trees, hedgerows and wild seed meadow areas.
Please visit our facebook page for weekly updates and discussions.
Brochure Available: Parkgate Village Development Summary (pdf print)
Park Gate Landscape Masterplan
Parkgate House type Range