RESERVED MATTERS APPROVAL – 15/01/2021
We are delighted to announce the approval of the reserved matters.
We would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all those involved, including Pegasus Group, Knutsford Town Council
and all community members for their ongoing support.
Tatton Estate and Bellway Homes are delighted to announce their detailed proposals for Tatton Park Gate Village: a new, vibrant community on the edge of Knutsford on a site already allocated and permitted for housing. The proposals include:
An improved mix of homes to help solve a national and local housing crisis including:
- A range of 234 family homes each with private gardens, most of which are smaller 2-3 bedrooms suitable for first time buyers, down-sizing and new families.
- homes suitable for the elderly, including 4 bungalows and 50 adaptable homes;
- 70 affordable homes that will remain affordable in perpetuity.
A locally inspired ‘Tatton’ and Cheshire design that respects the site’s history and its setting near Tatton Park and the urban area of Knutsford including:
- A ‘Tatton village core’ within the centre of the site featuring ‘Tatton red’ homes and a small square with green space and a new stag! (public art)
- A ‘Parkland Edge’ with a softer palette of materials and colours and an abundance of open space and tree planting,
- Cheshire black and white boarding on some of the properties proposed facing the town and neighbouring industry.
Energy efficient and sustainable homes including:
- electronic vehicle charging points,
- water butts, and
- insulated homes including passive ventilation for every home, plus
- solar panels on the majority of the affordable homes to provide cheaper bills to those most in need.
Access to the open countryside and large areas of open space, including:
- Children play areas, pocket parks, and a very large recreational area with a playing pitch, community orchard and equipped trim trail; and
- New, surfaced public right of way and cycle links and loops through the entirety of the site providing connections to the Knutsford, Mobberley and the wider countryside.
Biodiversity enhancements including
- two new ecology areas and six new ponds, with planting to deliver significant bio-diversity net gain;
- bird and bat boxes;
- An abundance of newly planted trees including fruit bearing trees, hedgerows and wild seed meadow areas.
Please visit our facebook page for weekly updates and discussions.
Brochure Available: Parkgate Village Development Summary (pdf print)
Park Gate Landscape Masterplan
Parkgate House type Range